- 2 cups shredded green papaya
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup dried shrimps
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tomatoes (wedged)
- 4-5 green or red chilies
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind juice
- 5 cloves fresh garlic
- 100 g. squid, scored and sliced
- 100 g. medium-sized shrimps, cleaned, shelled and deveined
PS. For seafood you can add crabs or mussels also.
- Put shrimps and squid in the boiling water for just a short time. Then
remove them to cool water (To keep the ingredients not over cook ) and drain.
- Use mortar and pestle to crush the chili and garlic, add sugar and continue
- Add dried shrimps, continue beating with the pestle, then add the papaya,
carrot, fish sauce, lime juice, tamarind juice, tomatoes, and peanuts. Continue
beating until all ingredients mixed well.
- Put shrimps and squid ,that preparing in the first and use the ladle to stir
with all ingredients just a little bit stir.
- Finally, season with sugar, fish sauce, or lime. The original taste this dish
should be the balance taste between sweet, (pepper) hot, salty, and sour.
- Serve with vegetables (e.g. cabbage, long bean, cucumber, etc.). Thai people
love to eat Sticky Rice with Papaya Salad. In this case, sticky rice can be served
together with finished Papaya Salad.